join the Wanczyk Nursery team
W O R K W I T H U S
Garden Center Sales Associate
Wanczyk Nursery is a locally owned and operated retail and re-wholesale garden center and nursery located in Hadley, MA since 1954. We are seeking experienced salespeople for the Fall 2022 season. Positions begin immediately and end December 23 with the opportunity to return early spring for the 2023 season.
A Garden Center Sales Associate works in a team environment to maintain a clean, beautiful, and healthy plant stock and retail nursery. You will spend most days outside welcoming customers and helping them to navigate the nursery, answering plant care questions, and giving plant choice and design suggestions. All successful applicants must demonstrate the ability to be self-starting and work cooperatively and efficiently in a team environment.
• Attend to customer needs and questions
• Water, weed, prune, and maintain the health of plant inventory
• General cleaning and organizing of nursery/retail space
• Assist in unloading of deliveries
• Conduct cash register transactions
• Assist with maintenance of property gardens
• Repot and propagate plant stock
• Knowledge of landscape plants and care
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Must be available 2-5 days a week including 1 weekend day
• One Year+ nursery, landscaping, horticultural training, or equivalent experience is preferred
• Preparedness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
Competitive pay based on experience, employee discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position please download our application and return it with your résumé and cover letter in person or by email to email@example.com
Job Posted: 8/05/2022